Professionally Managed Vacation Rentals
Holiday Vacation Rentals property management program makes vacation rentals a convenient and pleasurable experience for both its home owners and guests. It is our goal to be the 1st choice for rental management services. The rental management program and property care services offer the best value possible for revenue and the maintenance of your vacation property.
For a comparison of professional rental management companies and rent by owner (RBO) check Comparison of Rental Options .
Reasons why you should consider Holiday Vacation Rentals for your property rental and care:
- We are in business to protect you and your investment while providing a return to offset the cost of owning vacation property.
- We specialize in providing the highest level of professional and courteous customer service for every owner and guest.
- We care about each and every property and we strive to meet every owner’s specific needs so they can feel comfortable that their property is in the right hands.
- Our mission is to provide an exceptional vacation experience for paying customers so they return frequently and recommend our company to their friends and colleagues resulting in more bookings.
- We have a local, professional presence that can respond immediately to guest's and owner’s needs, 24-7 and handle problems that may arise quickly.
- Our staff is experienced and can make the right decisions about your property to maximize your profits.
- We are a member of the Vacation Rental Managers Association (VRMA) and our staff is trained in industry best practices to enhance guest’s vacation experiences and earn you more rental revenues.
- We offer travel insurance to guests so they can book their vacation with peace of mind knowing if they have to cancel for a covered reason, non-refundable rent amounts paid are insured. Travel insurance increases bookings and protects your rental revenues from unforeseen cancellations.
- We require damage protector insurance or a security damage deposit on all rentals to protect against accidental damages to your property.
- We provide a complete compliment of guest amenities such as soaps, shampoo and conditioner, dish and laundry soap, paper towel, toilet and facial tissue, and coffee that increase the home's desirability.
- We provide free consultation to owners on furnishing and staging the property, cleaning requirements and amenities that guests seek so the property can be frequently requested.
- We set competitive rental rates based on market demand and we know when to adjust them to maximize your revenues even during slow seasons.
- We inspect your property inside and out both before and after each rental to ensure our cleanliness standards are met, and to eliminate any potential problems before they arise.
- We manage all keys and control all forms of access to your property so no interruptions occur with guests and no unauthorized parties can access your property.
- We have secure keyless entry lock systems available for greater security.
- We NEVER use your property for our company or personal use. Only paying guests, owners and guests of owners are authorized to stay in the house.
- We have high quality standards for our housekeeping and guest experience services and monitor our standards continuously for higher guest satisfaction.
- Our property management contracts and guest rental agreements are reviewed by legal professionals to ensure you are protected.
- We invest in over 100 internet and advertising distribution channels to promote rentals and generate more guests’ searches to view your property, all at no extra cost to you.
- We continuously update our website to keep it fresh, informative and appealing to the huge market of online vacation seekers so that more people use the site and link to it to increase its standings in online searches.
- We implement aggressive Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to keep our website and advertising at the forefront of web searches.
- We administer competitive analysis exercises to ensure our company continuously outpaces the competition.
- We use sophisticated property management software to manage reservations, listings and promotions for your property and use a trust accounting system to assure your financial transactions are safe.
- We take professional photographs of your property and inventory and create detailed listings that describe the features of both the property and the surrounding area and amenities so guests feel more comfortable and informed and choose our properties over others.
- We use a rating system for all properties to assist renters in the selection of a rental meeting their personal expectations and better guest satisfaction.
- We handle all aspects of the reservations: rental contracts, confirmation correspondence, directions, payment methods, sales and use taxes and accounting related to your property to be in compliance with state and local regulation so you don’t have to worry about the details.
- We send you detailed monthly revenue reporting and your rental remuneration within 20 days of the beginning of each month for the prior month’s rental activity so you have your rental money quickly.
- We prepare and manage the filing of vacation rental sales taxes for you each month at the correct tax rate so you comply with local tax laws.
- We prepare your 1099 tax forms at the end of every year to make it easy for you to file your rental property taxes.
- We can manage all facets of your property maintenance needs using our property care staff and by coordinating with local vendors and subcontractors so you don't have to.
- When you sign up with our rental program, we take care of obtaining high quality photos of your property, taking a detailed inventory of your home, developing detailed directions to your property, implementing access control procedures to your home, developing detailed instructions on the use of equipment in your home, submitting detailed listings on several advertising websites and setting up your home in our property management system and website.
What are the fees to be in the Rental Management Program?
- We offer a flexible fee option for homeowners in our rental program. Each option has a variety of benefits and services provided which are designed to fit owner's individual needs. Rates can vary based on home size, location, times available to rent, owner advertising versus in-house advertising, and more. We are happy to take a look at your home and discuss what rental rate would work best for you!
- Our property management fee is charged as a percentage of monthly rental revenues only. There are no other management fees associated with rentals - EVER.
- We highly recommend an annual deep cleaning of your home so that it meets our cleanliness standards and keeps guests happy! Deep Cleaning is offered by our excellent staff of trained housekeepers. Rates are based on the size of the home.
What is Holiday Vacation Rentals responsible for on my property?
- Providing the entire spectrum of tasks and services associated with using your property as a short term vacation home, keeping it clean, and informing the owner of any issues with the home. The management fees cover all activities associated with these tasks with exception to routine maintenance and home repairs. We can coordinate any or all maintenance and repairs but the costs for these are not included in the management fee.
- Adjusting rental rates to meet market demands.
- Managing and coordinating all access to the property.
- Preparing and submitting all monthly rental remuneration and annual 1099 forms.
- Preparing and paying applicable lodging sales taxes, credit card merchant fees and travel insurance and damage protector insurance premiums.
- All rental promotions and advertising. Additional rental-specific advertising can be coordinated by us for an added fee.
- Providing housekeeping services after guest checkout.
- Providing guest relations and concierge services for guests.
- Providing emergency service call support 24/7 for guests.
- Providing legal contracts with guests and owners.
- Communicating with the owner on any and all issues that fall outside of the daily property management responsibilities that may affect rentals or require an owner authorization.
What are Owners responsible for?
- Paying their monthly mortgage, utilities, insurance, HOA fees and other obligations associated with owning the home.
- Providing landlord insurance for their property to ensure they are thoroughly protected during guest rentals.
- Furnishing the home with the basic required inventory items in the Rental Management Agreement plus any additional added amenities that would increase the homes desirability.
- Ensuring the home is in full operating condition prior to the first reservation. Some examples are: installing and activating all utilities, ensuring all mechanical systems are in good working order, ensuring all furnishings and inventory items are in place, etc...
- Providing basic maintenance on the home to keep it in good working condition and looking fresh, such as quarterly pest control, A/C filter changes, annual window washing, periodic grounds maintenance, etc...
- Providing repairs or replacements for items and inventory resulting from normal wear and tear. Damages, repairs or inventory replacement resulting specifically from a Guest’s negligence are paid for by the Guest or the Accidental Damage insurance.
- Owners can use a service provider of their choice for any of the tasks above or may elect to contract HVR to coordinate or provide any or all of these services. Costs for maintenance and repair services can conveniently be integrated into the Owner’s monthly statements.
More details about the Rental Management Program:
We specialize in managing and marketing properties in the Harbor Springs, Petoskey, Cross Village, Good Hart, Boyne City, Mackinaw City, Glen Arbor, and surrounding areas. We seek inventory such as luxury residences, lodges, cabins, condos and homes that have special appeal, abundance of amenities, extra conveniences and great locations that guests will enjoy and that will differentiate our properties from the competition.
- All nightly rental fees such as housekeeping, lodging taxes, booking fees and damage waivers are paid for by guests, not owners.
- There are no restrictions for owners to stay in their own vacation property. We require advance notification for an owner or guest of owner reservation and owners must pay a housekeeping service or inspection and re-stocking charge upon their departure.
- All properties must have at least one active phone line with a phone for emergency purposes plus the ability to call our office to reach our after-hours emergency services phone number.
- Our contracts are 12 month terms and are easily renewed or extended to accommodate future reservations.
- We allow your home to be listed for sale while it’s being rented provided your Realtor® coordinates closely with us for showings to ensure our guests can enjoy their vacations undisturbed.
Still have questions? For more information about our property management services and fees, please feel free to call us Toll Free at: (888) 242-7555 or fill out our information request form here.