Property at a Glance
- Private access to Lake Michigan
- 3 Bedroom
- 2 Bath
- Sleeps 8
- Pet friendly
- Smoke free
Eagle View is a charming vacation rental home with spectacular views of Lake Michigan from the master bedroom, living room, and deck. Located along the famous M-119 “Tunnel of Trees” scenic highway between Harbor Springs and Cross Village, this lakefront vacation rental has 3 bedrooms plus a loft and can comfortably accommodate up to 8.
When you step into this spacious cottage, you’ll be awed by the panoramic view of Lake Michigan from the living room, which adjoins the dining room and kitchen area. Step through the sliding glass doors onto the deck to take in the sounds of lapping waves along the shoreline below. The deck has furniture and a gas grill, a perfect place for relaxing with the family and watching the sun set over the lake.
The main level also features a wood-burning fireplace, a private sauna, and a king-size bedroom with its own view of the lake and deck access. Across the hall is a sleeping area with a trundle bed and stairs leading up to the loft area, where you’ll find two double beds, a twin bed, a small chaise lounge, and a TV with a DVD/VCR player. These bedrooms share a full bathroom located in the hallway across from the sauna on the main floor.
Take the stairs between the front entrance and living room up to the master loft, which features a king-size bed, a wood-burning fireplace, a sleeper sofa, a private full bath, and an eagle view of beautiful Lake Michigan!
Eagle View has private steps from the deck leading down to the Lake Michigan shoreline. There are about 200 steps total with resting areas along the way so you can take your time and enjoy the glistening water along the way. There is a resting platform at the bottom with a picnic table and bench. The natural shoreline consists of rocks, sand, and beach grasses, and water shoes are suggested as the lake bottom can be rocky (beach conditions can vary from the property photos due to weather and waves.)
This vacation rental on Lake Michigan is about 15 minutes from either Harbor Springs or Good Hart along the incredibly scenic Tunnel of Trees. Other towns in the area where you can find an abundance of things to do and see include Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, Cross Village, Sturgeon Bay, Petoskey, Bay Harbor, Boyne City, and Charlevoix.
While the home doesn’t have air conditioning, it is shaded by the canopy of the surrounding bluff-top trees, and there are plenty of windows to enjoy the cool breezes off the lake (fans can also be provided). Eagle View is pet friendly, so let us know if you would like to bring along your faithful companion (additional pet fee applies).
Watch this stunning aerial video of Eagle View!
- Located in Harbor Springs, Michigan
- Sleeps 8 (2 king beds, 2 double beds, 1 single bed, 1 trundle bed)
- 3 bedrooms
- 2.5 baths
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Deck with furniture
- Attached garage
- Linens provided
- Smoke free
- WiFi (Satellite)
- Satellite TV
- Pet friendly
- Full size refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Washer & Dryer
- Dining area with seating up to 10
Entertainment & Activities
- Private access to Lake Michigan waterfront
- Gas grill
- Wooded yard
- WiFi (Satellite)
- 2 TVs (Satellite on main level)
- 1 DVD and 1 VCR (note: no cable)
- 15 minute drive to nearby Harbor Springs or Good Hart
From Jeanne S. on September 8, 2020:
“Overall we loved our stay at Eagle View. The view and private beach are among our favorite aspects of the house.
1) Most memorable was watching bald eagles so close up on almost a daily basis in the morning and afternoon. We enjoyed swimming in the beautiful, clean Lake Michigan water at the private beach down the stairs. Hopefully water levels will not rise further but obviously that is not in anybody’s control. We also love Sturgeon Bay and the Woollam Family Nature Preserve. Also shopping at the Farmers Market in Harbor Springs and Petoskey made for some excellent culinary delights. (we went through 3 cherry pies!)
2) The house was super clean and very well stocked with pots, pans, tableware etc. Overall, the furniture is very comfortable with the exception of the dining room chairs. Most of the chairs have no support on the seats and a person could possibly fall right through the seat. We used some of the orange cushions from the garage to sit on. Also, we could not get the grill to work but this wasn’t a priority otherwise we would have called for assistance.
3) This is the best house we have rented in this area! Originally, the main reason we booked this place is because it is pet friendly so we were able to bring our chihuahua with us. We would stay here even if we didn’t have a dog!
4) The staff at HVR were wonderful to work with and were very accommodating when we changed our reservations from June to August. They were also willing to bring water to us when we temporarily lost power one day!
5) We would recommend HVR because our experience was great. They keep things simple but honestly address any questions or concerns.”
Due to COVID-19, effective May 1, 2020, we have updated our cancellation and transfer policy.