Property at a Glance
- Private access to Lake Michigan
- 3 Bedroom
- 2 Bath
- Sleeps 8
- Pet friendly
- Smoke free
Eagle View is a charming vacation rental home with spectacular views of Lake Michigan from the master bedroom, living room, and deck. Located along the famous M-119 “Tunnel of Trees” scenic highway between Harbor Springs and Cross Village, this lakefront vacation rental has 3 bedrooms plus a loft and can comfortably accommodate up to 8.
When you step into this spacious cottage, you’ll be awed by the panoramic view of Lake Michigan from the living room, which adjoins the dining room and kitchen area. Step through the sliding glass doors onto the deck to take in the sounds of lapping waves along the shoreline below. The deck has furniture and a gas grill, a perfect place for relaxing with the family and watching the sun set over the lake.
The main level also features a wood-burning fireplace, a private sauna, and a king-size bedroom with its own view of the lake and deck access. Across the hall is a sleeping area with a trundle bed and stairs leading up to the loft area, where you’ll find two double beds, a twin bed, a small chaise lounge, and a TV with a DVD/VCR player. These bedrooms share a full bathroom located in the hallway across from the sauna on the main floor.
Take the stairs between the front entrance and living room up to the master loft, which features a king-size bed, a wood-burning fireplace, a sleeper sofa, a private full bath, and an eagle view of beautiful Lake Michigan!
Eagle View has private steps from the deck leading down to the Lake Michigan shoreline. There are about 200 steps total with resting areas along the way so you can take your time and enjoy the glistening water along the way. There is a resting platform at the bottom with a picnic table and bench. The natural shoreline consists of rocks, sand, and beach grasses, and water shoes are suggested as the lake bottom can be rocky (beach conditions can vary from the property photos due to weather and waves.)
This vacation rental on Lake Michigan is about 15 minutes from either Harbor Springs or Good Hart along the incredibly scenic Tunnel of Trees. Other towns in the area where you can find an abundance of things to do and see include Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, Cross Village, Sturgeon Bay, Petoskey, Bay Harbor, Boyne City, and Charlevoix.
While the home doesn’t have air conditioning, it is shaded by the canopy of the surrounding bluff-top trees, and there are plenty of windows to enjoy the cool breezes off the lake (fans can also be provided). Eagle View is pet friendly, so let us know if you would like to bring along your faithful companion (additional pet fee applies).
Watch this stunning aerial video of Eagle View!
- Located in Harbor Springs, Michigan
- Sleeps 8 (2 king beds, 2 double beds, 1 single bed, 1 trundle bed)
- 3 bedrooms
- 2.5 baths
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Deck with furniture
- Attached garage
- Linens provided
- Smoke free
- WiFi (Satellite)
- Satellite TV
- Pet friendly
- Full size refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Washer & Dryer
- Dining area with seating up to 10
Entertainment & Activities
- Private access to Lake Michigan waterfront
- Gas grill
- Wooded yard
- WiFi (Satellite)
- 2 TVs (Satellite on main level)
- 1 DVD and 1 VCR (note: no cable)
- 15 minute drive to nearby Harbor Springs or Good Hart
- “Amazing views. My husband and I had the privilege of staying at Eagle View for a week in October. This home was so lovely and comfortable. The back patio has the most amazing view of Lake Michigan. The steps down to the lake shore are daunting but well worth it. We truly appreciated the opportunity to stay in this lovely home.” – Tracy H. on October 18, 2020
- “A wonderful place on Earth. We had a great time at Eagle View and we can highly recommend this property!!” – Sonja S. on July 14, 2020
- “Amazing place to stay, will definitely be back!” – Brad Z. on March 8, 2020
- “We wanted to have a weekend in Michigan’s Winter Wonderland, and this was the place for it. We got to experience winter surf, bald eagles flying close to the house, many deer sightings. Went up to Wilderness State park for a shoreline hike and winter dune exploring. Came back to an amazing sunset!” – Tom D. on February 20, 2020
- “This property made us feel right at home! Between having 2 king size beds, room for each of my kids and the amazingly stocked kitchen, we didn’t want for anything! The view of the lake and easy accessibility were such blessings to make us feel indulged through our winter getaway. Boyne Highlands was our adventure spot. Top notch all the way around!” – Joy T. on January 10, 2020
- “We stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed our time in this comfortable home. The views were beautiful with several gorgeous sunsets. We liked the location for travel into Harbor Springs, Legs Inn and Mackinaw City. Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your home on Lake Michigan.” – Carol S. on October 16, 2019
- “Wonderful property with great views. We enjoyed our stay and the colors were great. It made our vacation better than staying in a hotel. I would book this property again, maybe in the summer if available.” – John A. on October 10, 2019
- “Great location with a beautiful view. Lots of room, nice kitchen and short drive from Harbor Springs (loved Small Batch and Sam’s Graces Cafe for breakfast and lunch). Driving north to Good Hart and Cross Village is amazing. You’ll find great beaches along the way. The home has a great deck overlooking Lake Michigan. It’s a strenuous climb up from the beach, but great rock hunting and no crowds. Eagle View is aptly named, we saw bald eagles almost every day usually flying by along the lake at eye level from the deck. This is a great vacation location.” – Mike S. on August 14, 2019
- “Family friendly spaces, fully stocked kitchen and beautiful water views. Great location. Enjoyed our stay!” – Susan S. on July 20, 2019
- “We had an awesome stay at Eagle View. We spent part of spring break 2019 here. We enjoyed some late season skiing at Nubs Nob. Everything was fantastic. The view from Eagle View is stunning. We hiked the 200+ steps down to the lake to check out the ice and watch the gorgeous sunset. We grilled most of our dinners on the gas grill. Holiday Vacation Rentals was great to work with. They worked with us on arrival and departure times and even dropped off a Keurig and crockpot for our use during our stay. They were so helpful and quick to respond! We will definitely consider staying here again if we return to the area again!!” – Cara L. on April 3, 2019
- “This house was perfect for our group. The view is beautiful and the house is very cozy. My nephew loved the private beach but he is 8 years old so going up and down the 200 steps didn’t phase him one bit, however, my 60 year old mother never went down. We did go to Petoskey state park for the beach one day and spent another day near Cross Village beach.” – Emily, July 2020
- “Highly recommend this place. Beautiful views and attention to details all around.” – Eric, February 2020
- “This house is good for a large group. Two king beds, four twins, and a kitchen that is spacious enough for multiple cooks to work simultaneously — rare, in my experience, for a vacation rental. Front deck offers nice views (we saw a bald eagle flying over the trees!) and a feeling of being in a remote locale, perched up above the beach.” – Lisa, July 2019
From Jeanne S. on September 8, 2020:
“Overall we loved our stay at Eagle View. The view and private beach are among our favorite aspects of the house.
1) Most memorable was watching bald eagles so close up on almost a daily basis in the morning and afternoon. We enjoyed swimming in the beautiful, clean Lake Michigan water at the private beach down the stairs. Hopefully water levels will not rise further but obviously that is not in anybody’s control. We also love Sturgeon Bay and the Woollam Family Nature Preserve. Also shopping at the Farmers Market in Harbor Springs and Petoskey made for some excellent culinary delights. (we went through 3 cherry pies!)
2) The house was super clean and very well stocked with pots, pans, tableware etc. Overall, the furniture is very comfortable with the exception of the dining room chairs. Most of the chairs have no support on the seats and a person could possibly fall right through the seat. We used some of the orange cushions from the garage to sit on. Also, we could not get the grill to work but this wasn’t a priority otherwise we would have called for assistance.
3) This is the best house we have rented in this area! Originally, the main reason we booked this place is because it is pet friendly so we were able to bring our chihuahua with us. We would stay here even if we didn’t have a dog!
4) The staff at HVR were wonderful to work with and were very accommodating when we changed our reservations from June to August. They were also willing to bring water to us when we temporarily lost power one day!
5) We would recommend HVR because our experience was great. They keep things simple but honestly address any questions or concerns.”
Due to COVID-19, effective May 1, 2020, we have updated our cancellation and transfer policy.