Summer is officially underway in Northern Michigan! To celebrate the season, Pure Michigan asked fans “What do you love most about summertime in Pure Michigan?” From outdoor events and festivals to long days at the beach and much more, summer means something special to everyone.
What summer activities in Northern Michigan are your favorite?
1. Swimming and boating: Northern Michigan’s hundreds of miles of lake shore make this area every boater’s and beach bum’s dream! Stay right on the water in one of Holiday Vacation Rental’s waterfront or lake view vacation rentals.
3. Hiking: Hundreds of trails are accessible in numerous Michigan state parks. Be sure to check out state parks located near Cross Village, Mackinaw City, Mackinac Island, Burt Lake, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Boyne City, and more.
4: Biking: Bike along the Little Traverse Wheelway, a paved pathway leading from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs
5. Ice cream and fudge: Indulge in some of the finest flavors from famous Michigan shops dating back as far as the 1880’s
6. Festivals: Come celebrate one of many well known area festivals including the Charlevoix Venetian Festival, Traverse City Cherry Festival, Petoskey Festival By the Bay, Bliss Fest Music Festival, or numerous 4th of July fireworks displays.
7. Crystal blue waters: Take it all in while strolling along the beach and climb sand dunes at the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore.
8. Star gazing: Roll out a blanket in the lawn to gaze at the stars and watch for northern lights.
9. Bonfires on the beach: Reconnect with family at the end of the day by reminiscing your up-north adventures while cooking s’mores around the campfire.
10. Beautiful forests: Lush Michigan forests are ideal for hiking, mountain biking, ziplining, or early summer mushroom hunting.
11. Wineries: Treat your taste buds to a variety of Northern Michigan’s finest selections of local wine.
12. Entertainment: Entertain your family by attending a Northern Michigan area concert, baseball game, golf tournament, classic car show, parade, and more!
13. Sunsets: Northern Michigan’s Million Dollar Sunsets over Lake Michigan are some of the best in the nation.
14. Small town communities: Quaint Lake Michigan coastal towns offer unique shopping and fine dining.
15. It has it all: “What I love about summertime in Michigan is EVERYTHING!”